Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Key programming

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 2nd February 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I feel violated......!

My sons 2000 clio II key fob has been deteriorating over the past few weeks - initially failing to disable the immobiliser every time.

Then instead of the immo light remaining flashing it just stayed on - disconnection of car battery sorted this out - for a while......

Finally it failed completely no immo, no central locking. (Yes I did change the plip battery!). Dowloaded the code program at start of this thread - no use - I cannot get the flashing slow state it mentions to enter the generated code. So off to renault - as its the only key with plip we have forked out 201 for complete spare key & plip and replacement plip for existing key!!!!! When it arrives then gotto arrange tow to spend another 50 to get the new keys programmed up to ECU . I asked them how on earth I enter the code so I can drive the car in to program. This is a big secret so people cant nick yer motor if they manage to get the code. So I also have to fork out for transport of car to garage!!! Dont think i'll ever go near a renault with hard earned cash again........
Currently in bigtench's garage:
2000 Clio 1.2 MTV
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome