Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Faulty bonnet catch, opened whilst driving. Advice needed please...

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd February 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Faulty bonnet catch, opened whilst driving. Advice needed please...

So, I was aware of the bonnet issue but I got a mechanic to check it when I took my car in for a service, and he said it looked ok, but that was a while ago. I was driving at 70mph yesterday and it decided to open and smash my windscreen. I wont go in to great detail about the entire situation, as I need quick advice so I don't want to bore people.

So, I had to force the bonnet down and it is now stuck. I need a replacement bonnet and windscreen, but I can't get the windscreen until I can get the bonnet open. I called my local renault dealer and they said there was a recall on my car or something, so although I'll have to pay for the bonnet, I may be able to get the catch system replaced for free. I kept getting transferred around to talk to different people, then someone said they'd call me back and they never did. Renault customer services is closed until Monday, so I was hoping someone here could give me some advice.

5 Lastest Threads by parabola50
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Buying advice for a Clio 182 Cars & motoring VelSatisfied 3 2613 13th February 2011 06:10 PM
Faulty bonnet catch, opened whilst driving.... Cars & motoring Tiggerz_SRi 3 1314 2nd February 2008 12:52 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome