Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #836 of (permalink) Old 2nd February 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I think the biggest obstacle that is commonly apparent is TIME. I think everyone really wants to press the manufacture to sort themselves out and ultimately resolve the root-cause behind the issue, rather than simply accuse the easy target of the vehicle owner. But this takes time, correspondence and commitment to press Renault, VOSA, SMMT and the media, until it is fully resolved.

I urge ANYONE who has experienced this issue to not lose hope or sight to get a resolution.

With group collaboration it is possible. If you have lost money because of increased insurance premiums, lost of excess, lost of income (as your vehicle has been out of action, or additional commuting costs etc), or had to fork out the repair costs yourselves - not to mention the stress, anxiety and pressures this incident caused to you and those close to you, then all I can say consider those people who are still driving a death-trap and will potentially be the next "victim" on our roads - they might not be as lucky as us to come out of the incident unscathed!

Take some time to write a letter to your MP, write to VOSA/SMMT, write to Renault, write to your Insurance - advising them that you hold Renault fully liable for this incident, and that you are intending to get Renault to cover the full costs of the incident.

Send them your receipts and details of your insurance costs, and request that they settle the claims in full.

I wouldn't want ANYONE to accept anything other than a full settlement from Renault.

3 Core messages to enforce my views:
  1. We need to ensure you are financially recompensed by Renault (including putting your insurance status to what it was prior to the incident).
  2. We get Renault to act responsibly and replace the parts that are at fault.
  3. The issues will continue to happen if we DON'T ACT!

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome