Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane - Interiors - Megane dynamique trim seat wear

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 10th March 2006
A former user
The difficulty here is that you attribute wear to mileage.

In the eyes of the manufacturer the mileage has no bearing on the wear and tear of the interior.

For example - it could be argued that an incorrect use of alcohol based cleaning products during a non renault valet could have damaged the integrity of the materials.

It could be argued that seats can become worn through prolonged use whilst not driving ( eg. waiting for the wife to return from shopping trips, leaving pets in the car )..

Now please don't think I am not thinking your correct in terms of your standpoint but please add some pictures to substantiate your views..In fact I am interested to learn more..

Regards the pictures pls upload them to for free and simply copy the code in the second box down to your eply post to include them here.

For my part I see a weakness in the triangular trim used in the partial leather seats in my Lag II. If the trim is caught by a jean button or belt it will quite easily lift from its mounting. Fortunately these small plastic triangles are pennies to replace though..

I'm interested to learn more but it is not really the intention of the forums to demeaner the manufacturer we choose to take pride in.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome