Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna electric handbrake binding

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th April 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 3 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Laguna electric handbrake binding

Hi folks,
A couple of weeks ago I noticed that when pulling away my electric handbrake would stay on slightly then release after about a hundred yards. I didn't think too much about it at the time as I put it down to a stuck brakepad or two on the rear calipers. That was fine until when driving home from work last week there was no way it was going to fully release and I drove home the 2 miles or so.
When I got home the brake on the drivers side was giving off smoke and the smell was awful. To cut a long (very) story short I had to replace the disk and caliper due to the heat.
The bad news is it's still the same but if I release the hand brake using the yellow handle in the central armrest the resetting it using Reddevilman's technique in this post
Reset electronic handbrake,LOOK HERE on a daily basis I can get by.

I've decided that it's the electric handbrake unit that's needing looked at so I'm going to follow Cardinal Sin's post at the top. The thing is, if I've got it apart I would want to replace the cables if possible. The only ones I can find are these
Renault Laguna II 2 Electronic Handbrake Cables 2pcs | eBay

Anybody any ideas on if they're any good?
Currently in Lagdog's garage:
Laguna II 2.0
  5 Lastest Threads by Lagdog
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna electric handbrake binding Brakes/Hubs Lagdog 0 137 18th April 2016 06:24 PM
Laguna heater - Cold on passenger side, warm on... Heating & cooling TTT 3 460 19th September 2015 03:50 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome