Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Shell's 'obscene'profit Breaks British Record

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 3rd February 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by wobbly spoon View Post
I dont have a problem with a company making profits..if its not making money from killing or exploiting people then no problem ...our government on the other hand actually blackmail us with fuel taxes because its something we need so they charge a high levy...then they charge us extra to drive into cities after we have paid tax for using the road, and they charge us to park on the roads that we paid road tax for and council tax for in our towns and cities .... ...and then they tell us that we have to pay for our kids to go to university because theres not enough money in the pot...and when we die they charge our families tax on the sale of the house we spent twenty five years paying for ( including tax ) with wages that we were taxed on ...... and i wonder why thousands are leaving this country every week?...hmmmm
But at least we have a half-decent transport infrastructure. Try going to New Zealand, where they have all the taxation, but where public transport/roads are a sick joke.
I know things could improve here, but we don't have it that bad.
Currently in mrtotty's garage:
2011 Clio dCi 88 Expression Eco
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome