Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Engine Undertray Bolts

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 3rd February 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks everyone.

The dealer found that the nuts inside the cross members are knackered and that to repair to dealer standard would require new cross members and an array of other minor parts - a bill totalling almost 400.

Now there is no way in hell I am paying 400 just to enable me to screw 2 bolts in!

However, as they have said it looks like it has been damaged by being removed/replaced in the past, and the only place which ever removed it was another dealer I use (who I might add had to remove it so much because they messed up a clutch change) I have contacted them and will be pushing hard to get some payout.

I also contacted Harmony Warranty and asked them about it. They said it isn't mechanical or electrical so it is a bit of a grey area but they will send someone to investigate.

In the meantime however, the dealer has cable tied it up to secure it.

Frankly, if I can't get the garage who I think caused it, or the warranty to pay out, then it can stay cable tied up for me!
Currently in KeyRenRF3's garage:
2003 Renault Laguna II 2.0 IDE Initiale (Petrol, Manual)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome