Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Grand Scenic Electronic Handbrake Stripdown Plus Photos

View Single Post
post #41 of (permalink) Old 21st April 2016
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Can anyone please help Im absolutely stuck with so much varying and confusing advice!

My Ehandbrake seized (stuck on) and I had to pull the dreaded yellow lever of death.

Several mechanics tried to buy my whole car for 30 -60 quid telling me to give up and that it would cost me a min of 300 to fix with a 2nd hand unit and could be up to 600
Thing is ...I refuse to give up the engine on this 06 is really good and the car runs smashing ...Just obvs fail mot with no handbrake.

We followed this strip down sucessfully and have the whole unit and cables off intact to find major corrosion of the cables (theyve actually split at one end) so I cut the dead one off.

Is there any way of testing the motor to see if it is just the cables or the motor/module at fault please? Father in law has all sorts of tools - electric testers etc.?

Im also having an horrific time locating replacement cables cheap enough (been quoted 185 when a recon full unit is only 180 - thing is am unemployed and thats a lot of money to me anyone have any ideas where I can locate new cables for the 7 seater cheap enough please?

Alternitively looking at manual conversion - has anyone had any experience of this or am I going to come across the same needle in haystack issues?
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome