Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 1 - Engine Management Light

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th February 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Megane 1 - Engine Management Light

Hi all,

I'm hoping for some advice.

I have a 1998 Renalt Megane 1.6e automatic, which has been reasonably problem free in the 2.5 years I've had it.

Today, as I was leaving work, the electronic incident warning light (the one that looks like a zig-zag ) came on. I pulled over, turned the engine off and waited for a few minutes. I turned it back on, and the light didn't come on and I drove it home fine (about 25 miles) - it didn't feel or sound any different, and the light didn't come on again. Should I be worried?

I'm going to leave it until it happens again, but according to the manual the light indicates a problem with the fuel injection system or the automatic gearbox. Surely if there was a problem with either, I would feel it in the car?

Another odd thing - on the journey home, the clock - which hasn't worked pretty much since I bought car (occasionally it would come on but very dark and hard to see) - came on, as bright as it should be, and stayed on all the way home. Could this have anything to do with it? Is it just some wierd electrical glitchy thing that probably has nothing serious to do with the running of the car?

Currently in marlasinger's garage:
1998 Renault Megane 1.6 RT Sport
  5 Lastest Threads by marlasinger
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Megane 1 - Engine Management Light Electronics marlasinger 5 2263 7th February 2008 04:51 PM
Renault Megane 1.6 Sport not starting Engines swfcowl5 9 4435 8th August 2006 05:08 PM
Renault Megane RT Sport 1.6 - AUTO Engines Lagdti 5 1580 8th May 2006 05:57 PM
Renault Megane 1.6RT Sport cutting out Engines marlasinger 5 1904 21st March 2006 06:46 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome