Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Modus Problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th March 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Modus Problem

Hi All,

Well had the modus for about a month now and everything was going great until today.... (took the cars to the dealers about 2 weeks ago for them to look at the steering column controls for the radio, which they did and said they needed to order the replacement part(s) to fix it).... took the car back in this morning, and said i will wait (was told its only about an hour to replace it!!!!)... well after a couple of hours was getting concerned when the guy from the service desk asks me to go in the workshop (the mechanic wants a word..)....

Goes in, and he says was the wipers and indicators and headlights working this morning, says yeah they were working fine (how else could i have driven the car to the dealers without indicators and wipes (cos it was raining a bit this morning)..... so i waits, and then about 11am they tell me they cant fix it today.... and basically they think that theres a problem with the onboard computer and wont be able to order one until Monday sometime...... ok, i thought...

So asked about a car to use whilst mine is being sorted (only to be told that i could have a car until first thing monday morning and then they would need it back.... to which i replied that aint any good... i need it until they can fix my car (which only went in for a simple replacement radio column control to be fitted)). So after 10-15 mins, i said i need a car until its sorted properly, only to be told they aint got one... so i asked to speak to one of the main people from the dealers and he comes down (i know him thru my brother) and tell him the problem, and lo and behold within 5 mins they have tracked me down a car to use (a 55 plate Renault Clio 1.2 authentique.)

Any ideas what they have done to cause such a problem.

Currently in mikeb's garage:
2006 Renault Modus 1.5 dCI
  5 Lastest Threads by mikeb
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Car Sat Nav Electronics lagunasport16v 2 1134 24th September 2006 05:56 PM
Renault Modus 1.5DCI Serving Costs Cars & motoring 1 1103 15th September 2006 06:21 PM
Renault Modus Servicing Costs Cars & motoring mikeb 2 1631 15th September 2006 06:13 PM
Simple plastic trim clip Bodywork nthesx 4 1442 15th July 2006 01:53 PM
Renault Modus Problem Electronics mattclarkie 9 4421 11th March 2006 10:50 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome