Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - Boot Lock Button Fix

View Single Post
post #80 of (permalink) Old 8th February 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Scenic tailgate button repair

Hi im new to the forum and recently had a problem with my tailgate button decided to pop out luckly i didnt loose it,After a little time i realised this was a very easy fix and only cost pence to fix instead of renaults
This is how i did it and it took me about 1 hour from start to finish.
First get a o ring to replace the broken one and a pack of r pins got mine from motorworld.
remove your inside panels from the tailgate 4 size 20 torx head screws then just pull panel off then disconnect the electrical plug from the central locking motor on the tailgate lock undo the motor from the lock body, Then undo the 2 nuts holding the lock body to the tailgate and remove lock body then refit your button dont forget the spring and grease push the button in and put the new o ring on the back of the button in the groove it is then secure now to make sure you never loose the button if the o ring breaks again.
Look at the section of the button behind the new o ring right on the end of the inside button drill a small hole using a 1/16 inch drill from about the eleven 25 position be careful to go straight through, Now you will need your small r pins pick the smallest that will fit through the hole and over the outside of the back of the button now you have to cut the legs off the r pin you will see why in a minute.Now remove the modified r pin but keep safe and refit the lock body to the tailgate and refit the central locking motor.Once fitted refit the r pin and check it is not catching the button mechanism if ok reconnect the electrical connector to the motor and test then refit all panels removed and job done and no chance of loosing the tailgate button.
I hope this helps im no mechanic and it was very easy and probably worth doing even if your button hasnt come out yet because beleive me it will and if you loose it renault will say thank you thats
Currently in markwhittaker's garage:
renault scenic 1.4 authentique

Last edited by markwhittaker; 8th February 2008 at 10:29 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome