Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Average MPG from 1.9 DCi Engine

View Single Post
post #116 of (permalink) Old 9th February 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I was shocked at the computer average on my sisters car. It showed 32 mpg. Admittedly lots of town work, but even so I thought that was sh1te for a diesel, especially as hers is the 85kw one that doesn't pull the skin of a rice pudding! My wife used to have a 1.8 petrol laguna 1, this was better. A friend has a similar shock with his Alfa 156, only getting late/mid 30's on a run. On both cars however I noticed that they were really sluggish to get up to temperature. The Alfa thermostat has been duly changed, and initial reports seem good so far (3-4 mpg increase!)- will ned to see how it shapes up over a couple of weeks.
Looking at other forums, it seems the problem of spread sof mpgs is not just on these cars. I was looking to get an x-type diesel, on there 'reported' figures vary from low 30's to 50's. Think I'll go for a V6 petrol and do an lpg conversion......
Currently in mogart's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome