Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace - Wheels & Tyres - Track Rod End Arm pics & Help

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 9th February 2008 Thread Starter
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion Threadstarter
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by caiblue View Post
No probs donald, was wondering if it was my pc playing up again! will give the track rod ends a go in the next couple of weeks after replacing the top strut bearings, am trying to find the source of a knocking noise, tried replacing the link bars but still the same, i will try the bearings then see where i go from there,
thanks for the reply,
Hi Gorden this noise you talk about i went through the same with my Espace 2002 and changed all drop links ball joints track rods had the top struts checked and it was still there in the end i took it to my local independent and he thought it might of been the inner track rods closest to the rack very hard to get to but possible so we changed them and it did help but i was still getting a slit knock when steering was rocked so we pack the rack with grease and this helped to the point it was near not noticeable anymore,it still passed it mot and there was not enough play for it to even get a advisory notice,iam not saying for one minute thats what is up with yours but its food for thought,this knock i talk about only happed when the steering was rocked from side to side,most Espaces well the Mk III suffer from this so as i said i hope it helps Donald
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.

Last edited by Donald; 9th February 2008 at 09:25 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome