Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Trafic 2.0 dci Revs limited to 2700rpm and coolant temp circuit fault **Fixed**

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th May 2016 Thread Starter
Steve Greaves
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up Trafic 2.0 dci Revs limited to 2700rpm and coolant temp circuit fault **Fixed**

FINALLY. I've sorted the problem. The van developed a "coolant temp sensor fault" and fan came in on start up and revs were limited to 2700rpm. I checked the sensor and lost the clip behind the wiring loom low down on right hand side of engine beside thermostat housing. So I decided to have a look for it by taking off as much stuff as possible. When I took off the rigid tube from turbo to inter cooler I found it had been rubbing on the wiring loom. The loom is about 25mm dia at this point and 4 wires come off also. when I removed all of the coverings I found that the coolant temp sensor circuit green/Black wire had been chaffed so much it gone right thro. So - open circuit. And computer sees this as a serious fault and limits engine speed and runs fan to protect engine. Anyway. Stripped back wire to get to non corroded copper and soldered in a new section. Wrapped it up with self amalgamating rubber tape, reset trouble code with obd device and hey presto van is now back to normal. I never found the plastic clip that retains the temp sensor so I bought a new one fo 72p at trade parts centre. They are pretty much universal and doesn't matter what car or van its from. Just 20mm dia body. Just make sure you get the o ring out and put onto sensor before lubricating and pushing back in. Also I attached a very small tie wrap to the clip so it wouldn't drop down again. Sorted :0)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Steve Greaves For This Useful Post:
chuffer690 (6th May 2016), Dancingdad (6th May 2016), HeatherJ (6th May 2016), Nottnoc (6th May 2016)
  5 Lastest Threads by Steve Greaves
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Trafic 2.0 dci Revs limited to 2700rpm and... Vans HeatherJ 1 299 6th May 2016 09:58 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome