Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace - Just bought one

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 9th February 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Tiggerz_SRi View Post
Mine has 60/40 in there, But it is a complete **** to bleed the system. Mine had a HUGE airlock in one of the heater matrix's (drivers side one) as they have no bleed valves on there!

Ran it for a few days (80 miles a day then) and opended the tank and a 1 litre air lock popped out!
Had another look at it today. Opened the expansion tank and heard a huge hiss. Found some information on how to bleed the system. Remove all bleed valves and continue to fill via the expansion tank until water flows out of all valves.

Did this and started the car with the old thermostat fitted. The car ran fine and slowly the temp gauge rose to 3 bars. A small amount of heat started to trickle into the car. Left car ticking over for about an hour with no problems.

Decided to go for a test drive, fine locally so headed towards the M53 to go for a quick blast and check at speed. Too good o be true. Got to 70 for a couple of seconds then all power started to drop ending up slowing traffic so pulled over to the hard shoulder. No error showed on the dash and the temp was still showing 3 bars. Stopped engine for a few mins, restarted ran for a second or two then cut out, did this a few times till I gave up and rang the good old AA.

The yellow truck arrived and the nice AA man tried to start it, again ran then cut out, suggested fuel pump?

Anyway car transported to a garage I use for my Citroens I just hope it is safe over the weekend - at least it is insured.

Anybody got any ideas?

Note to moderator - I assume that this post should be now be moved to another area as I suppose I am no longer a new member.

Thanks to all who have helped so far it is appreciated.
Currently in bigandyd's garage:
Renault Laguna Privilege DCI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome