Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace - Just bought one

View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 9th February 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Send a message via MSN to Tiggerz_SRi
It COULD have been a bad batch of diesel or watered down in my case etc, But the petrol from there gave crap MPG as well. I just steer clear now from supermarket fuel.

It's also known that supermarket fuel has too much detergent in it as they add it to dilute the fuel and make it cheaper and that in turn can cause excessive engine wear in some cases.

Hmmmm When you open the bonnet, bottom left IIRC is the diesel filter, Little black pump button on top near the screen wash filler, You can see the fuel in the lines as there see-through, IF there moving, Its unlikey its the pump.

Have a look through the paperwork for a last service, See if glowlugs were changed.

Monday could tell alot though. Its easy for me to sit here and speculate but I cant see the car, Nor am I a qualified mechanic!
Currently in Tiggerz_SRi's garage:
Audi a4 v6 avant, used to have bmw 525d se estate, 2001 Toyota Previa 2.4 VVTi GLS, '98 R FORD Galaxy 2.3 Ghia X a Espace III 2.2dT RXE and a Lag I 1.8RT!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome