Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 2 Parking Brake Fault **Fixed for Nowt**

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10th May 2016 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 6 Times in 5 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Laguna 2 Parking Brake Fault **Fixed for Nowt**

I have a problem with the electronic parking brake - the car is a 2005 Laguna 2 estate.

Last few days the parking brake has been slightly sticking so when pulling away you could feel it binding then a slight clunk as it released.

Today I had trouble pulling away after parking and had to go forward then backwards to free it off. Later on today it is now stuck on on the drivers side and won't release at all and to make things worse it is raining so I'm going to get drenched taking a look at it.

I know it is the drivers side sticking as that disc was 80 degrees and the other side 30 degrees after a short drive.

Any ideas what might be wrong before I go and get wet?

Anything I should or shouldn't do to get temporarily mobile again - eg can I disconnect the cable from the caliper on just the driver's side if needs be or might that cause other issues?

Thanks in advance.
Currently in LAGUNA205GT's garage:
2005 Laguna II 205 GT Tourer
  5 Lastest Threads by LAGUNA205GT
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna 2 won't start - FIXED Engines LAGUNA205GT 1 121 14th July 2016 01:36 PM
Laguna 2 Handbrake fuse location Electronics LAGUNA205GT 11 686 17th June 2016 02:17 PM
Laguna 2 suddenly getting torque steer to the... Steering and Suspension TTT 33 1486 31st May 2016 06:40 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome