Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 2 Parking Brake Fault **Fixed for Nowt**

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11th May 2016 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 6 Times in 5 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
re: Laguna 2 Parking Brake Fault **Fixed for Nowt**

Thanks for your reply

hi, I've owned both a 2b Initiale and a 2b GT, (diesel not petrol like yours) both of which I have head the similar issues you describe. both cars needed new units, though I sourced ones from breakers which were then recoded onto my car(s).
I thought the units were "one time coding only" - so second hand units could not be recoded?

I think I have trouble with one corroded cable and I found a seller on Ebay from Poland from whom I can buy a pair of cables for 60 delivered.

The garage which is doing my subframe bushes said they had a nightmare with a Megane with a similar fault and tried buying cables but ended up buying a new unit.

To be honest a 600 bill would be too much to justify and with 6 months MoT I think I would look at doing a P/X.

I am going to try activating the emergency handbrake release and see if I can pull the cable as far out as possible then remove the outer coating in case that has corrosion beneath it causing it to seize. The problem is it hasn't stopped raining last two days since the fault happened and I have to work on my driveway.

I could fit the new cables myself but figured it made sense to let the garage do it as they are dropping the rear axle anyway.

Does anyone have any experience buying these cables from Poland on ebay before I take a 60 gamble to avoid a 600 bill?
Currently in LAGUNA205GT's garage:
2005 Laguna II 205 GT Tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome