Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Tow bar wirering- strange lamp...*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th February 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Tow bar wirering- strange lamp...*Fixed*

Hello everybody!

Tomorrow i plan to install a tow bar on my "new" Laguna1 station car.

The bar comes with a 7-lead wiring kit and should be more or less plug and play. Never the less I have a few questions that I hope somebody can help me with :

1. The kit comes with a little green lamp. Apparently I'm supposed to drill a hole in the dash somewhere for the lamp, run a wire from the lamp to the fuse box and connect the wire to a replacement blink-relay (part of the kit). My question is: Do I really need this?? As far as I can see the little green lamp will just blink in unison with the turn indicators on the dash - and what's so great about that?

2. The kit has an option for cars with "lamp surveillance" if that's the English term. I.e. that you get a warning if a lamp has blown. My car is the "Concorde model" (same as RXE?) and is very well equipped. But I'm mot sure that it has the lamp thing. Does anybody know?

3. I'm still waiting for the previous owner to mail me the instruction book and I haven't got a Hayne's Manual yet. So I'm kind of blank on what to expect when I disconnect the battery - or rather what happens (or not!) when I connect it back again. I'm pretty sure that the radio will need a code to run - but what about the immobilizer - will I need some code for that too?

Thanks for reading!
Currently in grandtour's garage:
Laguna Grandtour 1.8 16V Concorde '99
  5 Lastest Threads by grandtour
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna 1 mk2. No power- Fault or feature? Electronics renofan 6 1390 30th March 2009 06:58 PM
Help! What type of bolt is this? Engines grandtour 8 1983 24th June 2008 02:13 PM
Draining before pump change Engines mojolicious 4 1407 23rd June 2008 01:00 PM
Cooling fan intervals? Engines grandtour 7 1739 13th June 2008 10:31 AM
Direction of travel for aux belt Engines grandtour 2 872 30th May 2008 12:07 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome