Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - ISO Fix Base with leg fitting over floor storage

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th February 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question ISO Fix Base with leg fitting over floor storage

We've just bought a second hand 56 plate Grand Scenic (2ltr petrol).

My question is with regards to the use of child seat bases that have the support leg. We've got a 12 wk old baby that has a really well made car seat that fits onto the pram body and all that, but they (Maxi Cosi) manufacture a base for the seat that attaches to the ISOfix mounts. But as part of the base is a support leg and I have concerns with it resting on/in the underfloor storage compartment.

Has anyone got this sort of set up, and was it professionally checked, etc? I ask this as Maxi Cosi have a "Car checker" list but it only mentions "Megane Scenic" (no year) and states "It is unknown if the seat fits this car".

Googled this for eternity without much luck.

We don't want to buy a different seat as it integrates with the rest of the pram, i.e. the cot, the pushchair and car seat are all interchangeable with the pram chassis.

You can have one brought out to your car for a fitting check at a Mothercare etc but their prices are sky high.
Currently in Markos's garage:
2006 Renault Grand Scenic 2.0i

Last edited by Markos; 12th February 2008 at 05:07 AM.
  5 Lastest Threads by Markos
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Service Log Cars & motoring ottoman 5 1063 12th February 2008 05:10 AM
ISO Fix Base with leg fitting over floor storage Cars & motoring stevie32 3 3828 12th February 2008 05:06 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome