Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Keycard

View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 12th February 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
Cheers for the replies all, gotta say you are all helpfull on this site!

I did think that once the card was put back in the reader it would re-sync, but unfortunatly no joy! Been driving round a few days now so I also thought it might take a while to do, and re-sync while driving, but each time getting out of the car I try the card again and nothing! Is there any special method to use?
I've re-synced vauxhall and other keys before, method is usually put the key in, turn the ignition on, off, on, hold lock and the car will lock and unlock, key re-synced.
Would it be anything similar? Obvioulsy you can't hold lock with the card in the reader!!! I did have a word with a renault dealer and they said if the battery in the card is out for a while it will need reprogramming (£80 fee), but it was literally out for 2 mins while I cut around the part of the card the battery sits in, once done I put the battery back in to make sure it didn't loose it's code. Did try to unlock the car once the card was open (before reattaching the lock button) and nothing! Bloody things!!!
You should only have to pay a programme fee for a new key, not one where the battery has been removed or gone dead!!! Guess Renault have us over a barrell though.
Just to be clear, this is the keycard with two buttons (lock & unlock); not the hands free version; right?

If the card works with you car then it must be programmed OK and it must be know to your car. These cards are one time programmed and the code is not lost when the battery is removed.

Do you have a second card?

If the remote lock function does not work then it could be either the card of the RF receiver (part of the key slot I think). If you have another card you can confirm if it is the receiver or not.

Even if the light on the card comes on there could still be a fault that means it is not transmitting.

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome