Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Keycard

View Single Post
post #31 of (permalink) Old 12th February 2008 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Hi Ian,

yes mine is the 2 button kind. The card itself still starts the car fine so I guess as you suggest it's still programmed.

Big problem, no I don't have a second card. Never came with the car and I got the price knocked down a few hundred quid cos of this fact (plus air con regas and a few other little items), so I can't complain really. I started this thread originaly about the rant on card prices from the dealers but never bothered getting one, stupid I know!

I aslo had a word with Gary, as Noel suggested, and he seems to think I might have damaged a few internal components while cutting it open or cut something off. I'm going to send him a pic of the PCB so he can have a look before I send it for repair. Gotta get another card though cos I can't be without my car, work etc!

So looks like I'm gonna bite the bullet and order another card from my local stealership in Cardiff, for some reason I managed to get it a bit cheaper than I origanlly said in this thread. They quoted me 162.47 all in, bit of a difference from the 185 I was quoted a few months back!

Still nice to know I can take the battery out for a whlie put it back in and it should still work.

Thanks for all the help guys
Currently in Mikey's garage:
1996 Mazda MX-3 V6, a 2002 1.2 8v Fiat Punto active (the Wife's!) and a 1998 Suzuki GN 125. Used to own a 2002 Laguna II Dynamique 1.8 16V (Now Sold yey!)

Last edited by Mikey; 12th February 2008 at 03:43 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome