Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 05 Megane CC - roof mechanism fault

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 18th May 2016
Richard Harding
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: 05 Megane CC - roof mechanism fault

Another one looking for help with a Roof Mechanism Fault here. It's an 05 Megane II facelift.

Here's the story...

Whilst removing the rear seat back recently I was winding the roof up and down to get access to the trim and bolts that hold the seat back in. Everything was going fine until I suddenly got a Roof Mechanism Fault displayed in the dash. Previous to this I have had the roof up and down about half a dozen times.

I managed to get everything closed up following the manual override method using the roof and window switches described in the manual and the message goes away when the roof is closed. I am now left in a situation where when I try to lower the roof the windows all go down and the boot lid starts to lift then stops and the Roof Mechanism Fault appears. If I release the button and repress it the boot lid lifts a little more (almost all the way I'd say) then stops again with the message. Further presses of the button yield no effect. This can be recovered using the override method used previously.

Any idea what the problem might be. I was messing around with the wiring behind the rear trim panel on the drivers side, is there a connector or something I might have dislodged?

Any help greatly appreciated.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome