Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic Radio to CD change advice needed

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12th February 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Ridgeman View Post
I am about to buy an 1999 Scenic 1.6. It comes with the radio cassette and I need to change to a CD. I would like to keep the steering column controls so was wondering what my options were. As I understand it I have a couple.

1. Put in a CD autochanger. I had a quick look at Halfords and saw a Sony 10 autochanger supplied and fitted at 180. Expensive but as I understand it this would give me both CD and allow me to continue to use the buttons. No idea how I would be controlling the CD but I'm sure that will become clear.

2. Take out the existing radio cassset and replace it with a single CD player and get a replacement fascia from Renault to cover the gap. Pros: its a far cheaper options, cons: I lose the steering column controls and possible have an out of place looking CD player.

Anybody any comment on these options or other choices I may have.

Thanks in advance

i have 2 vdo autochangers that i bought on e bay they are both brand new but they wont work in my 2000 scenic they both say no disc on the display, i have now been informed it is because my radio cassette is digital and the cd players are anologue,it seems they changed the radio in 1998 or 1999 to digital, i am now looking to unload these units and and then purchase a digital one, i did not pay anywhere like the prices being put forwarduts amd bolts by some of your other replys, iam looking for 35 pounds each ,if you live anywhere near merseyside i would be willing to let you try one out in you car before buying,everything is there in the box ie cable brackets all nuts and bolts
Currently in anfieldl4's garage:
renault scenic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome