Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #61 of (permalink) Old 13th February 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via Skype™ to nigelplant
What a useful thread! I came across this a few weeks ago as caught my eye regarding the hesitation, mine has the hesitation but had largely ignored it. As the fuel consumption had dropped over recent months, I removed and cleaned the interecooler a couple of weeks ago and this weekend had a go at the EGR valve - or is it magic valve!!
Got it out OK after removing the throttle body housing above and was a little surprised how clean the EGR valve and its housing was. However the hole through to the inlet manifold and inlet manifold itself was well gunged up. I fashioned a scraper from a 12 inch long piece of stainless bent through 90 deg near one end. I then rounded the scraping end to match the radius of the inlet manifold. Using this tool I cleaned out all the gunk managing to scrape itoutwards rather than droping a load into the cylinders/ valves. Got it cleaned quite nicelya nd then reassembled.
Unfortunatley didn't find the bit about testing the EGR valve before doing this, but believe it is OK.
I now have no hesitation, the engine seems more responsive and when I do a long motorway run will test the mpg and let you know the results.
Thanks guys for many pounds saved throughout this forum and its threads.
Currently in nigelplant's garage:
2001 Laguna 1.9dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome