Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Come on, Whats the WORST car you have ever OWNED!?

View Single Post
post #212 of (permalink) Old 13th February 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I once had a BMW 635CSi
It was my dream car and I bought one with my heart rather than my head.

I bought it in London where it had spent most of its life. I gave it a damn good thrashing on the way up the road to Scotland and everything worked fine except one dipped headlamp!

The next day I took it out and it blew its head gasket!

It took 3 weeks to get that fixed. The day I got it back on the road it broke down again. This time because of a faulty fuel pump.

I had that fixed before discovering that the footwell in the rear was about 2 inches deep in water! There was a rusty hole in the boot floor about the size of a fist! I got that patched.

The speedo stopped working and needed a new cable from the sender to the dash.

The kickdown on the autobox stopped working and needed a new cable.

I replaced 2 tyres as one was about to burst!

Whilst it was up on the ramps I had a look underneath and discovered another hole in the floor and that the entire exhaust system had been botched and was a home made effort. We surmised that the car had ran over something, ripping most of the underside on the way.

I then managed to get about a month of normal driving out of it before the big ends went.
This was the final straw and I had the car scrapped!

A beautiful car that was a dream to drive when it was working, but seemed to be off the road more than it was on it.
Currently in Sidspud's garage:
2010 Clio Extreme
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome