Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Buying guide

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 13th February 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by kd sweety View Post
nice one guys, you have scared the out of me! i am going to look at a 98 clio 1.2 tomorrow and i am worrying now even tho its done 49000 miles and FSH
I have a 97 Clio Mk.I 1.2 "Panache" 5-door. It's a lovely little car, got her for 800 and she'd done 51,000 miles, with full service history. The only glitch I've had was a snapped exhaust, but the chap I bought her from was only too happy to fix her for me (this happened a month after I bought her).

Perfect little car for a new driver, very economical, comfortable (even for a taller guy like me), and just plain fun to drive. No power steering, no electric windows, but other than that I have no complaints at all.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Clio based on my experience so far. I think I'd prefer one with a slightly more powerful engine - a 1.4 would be perfect - but until I get some more experience, or this little beast starts showing signs of dying, I'll stick with her.

Incidentally: When I need to replace one of my light bulbs for the Clio, what do I need to buy? I don't know what kind of bulbs to get to fit my car.

Currently in amigaholic's garage:
1997 Renault Clio I 1.2 Panache
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome