Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Help needed

Thread: Help needed
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 25th May 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Help needed

Originally Posted by Mike H025 View Post
Guessing you didn't manage to get his reg number because failing to stop at the scene of an accident is an offence under Section 170 of the Road Traffic Act 1988. Technically you are also obliged to report an accident, where injury or damage was caused, to a Police station within 24 hours. (Even if you exchanged insurance details at the scene, which I didn't know 'til I looked it up just now!) I'm also not sure what might be the repercussions of NOT telling my insurance company. Suppose they found out somehow?

On reflection I'd be making telephone calls now...
I have already contacted my insurance and they have advised me that I can deal with it myself or I can go through them but they will write the car off because of the age and as of reporting it that was the first thing I did and they have logged it and made me fill out a form so I have done everything by the book I'm not trying to do anything dodgy I'm only doing what I have been advised on by my insurance they are fully aware as are the police, I just don't want my car written off as I won't get much in terms of pay out so that's why I was asking how to go about sorting the bonnet
Currently in matt5509's garage:
renault clio 1.4 dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome