Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - parking Brake fault

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 25th May 2016
Diamond member
Nominated 6 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Re: parking Brake fault

ok just bought a 05 grand scenic with this parking brake fault (had new dash switch fitted by renault 2 year ago @ 294..) and check emissions / had new lambda 6 months ago. Renault wanted 109 + vat to diagnose + 700 for Hand/brake and the xx amount for lambda , bloke said nope.... - the car has 11.5 months mot!!

I paid 424 for it.. tried the way described on forum to clear brake message... failed.

tried my icarsoft907 for renault / dacia last night - ignition on ran a automatic scan found loads of problems / codes only cleared 1 of about 13 lol. left it had a think / read over night

today put car in diagnostic mode by keycard in leave pedals alone and press and hold for 5+ seconds start button till ignition comes on, apparently you have access up to 9 computer modules not the 4 in normal mode ( could be a load of B/S)

connected icarsoft 907 and ran MANUAL modules check on parking brake and cleared 5+ faults - then ran a manual check on ignition and cleared all faults - road tested car and rechecked all fault code gone!! result.

The reason I believe the car got these faults was 2 weeks ago Halfords fitted a new battery....

so as a alternative to the erm questionable renault can clip you can use a 74 icarsoft 907 dia tool to reset parking brake error message

Please don't put multiple, identical posts in different areas, it only causes fragmented answers, thanks.
Currently in Nexxusone's garage:
2005 Grand Scenic 1.6 VVT Dynamique

Last edited by Nottnoc; 25th May 2016 at 09:26 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome