Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Electronics - How To - Connect an Ipod to Cabasse Auditorium Stereo

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 13th February 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
iPod connection for Cabasse 6-CD changer

Hi - my first post. Thanks for a great forum and to all the good people who have posted such useful information!

I have a Laguna II phase 2 dci150 Initiale 2007 with a Cabasse 6-CD changer and integrated Bluetooth nav-com. This is different from the unit described in the previous post though the AUX-in connections may well be the same. (Renault show four similar but different Cabasse units in the 2007 Laguna brochure.) My problem is that there is no "Expert" button on my head unit, nor does there seem to be any other way to select an AUX input. The head unit has CD, AM/FM and MODE buttons. These all do what they are meant to do but no amount of pressing and holding or pressing buttons in combination will squeeze any extra functionality out of them. There is also a joystick control. The "set" button brings up a menu that includes audio settings - but, again, no AUX input selection.

I can think of three possibilities: 1 - there is no AUX input, 2 - selecting AUX requires some obscure button pressing that I haven't discovered, 3 - a link can be fitted somewhere to tell the head unit that AUX is available. Does anyone have experience of this system? I don't mind taking the car to bits to run wiring etc. but it seems a bit pointless to start unless I know how to select AUX.

I've attached some pictures to aid identification of my unit. (The CD changer is in the Cabasse head unit. Mounted above that is the DVD reader for the nav system.) Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	09-02-08_1502.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	5229   Click image for larger version

Name:	13-02-08_1556.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	5230   Click image for larger version

Name:	09-02-08_1505 1.jpg
Views:	239