Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Mégane ll 1.9dCi Problems

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 11th August 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Sans Prix - I suggest you get over to the Parkers forum right away and read up on the problems with 1.9dCi engines, particularly in the Laguna horror stories section. I, like Xileno, thought that I was perhaps being unfair to Renault, since I was only reading the threads on their cars. So I decided to do some simple research, and choose a few other cars at random. I can honestly say that in my experience, no other car attracts as many negative comments or complaints as Renault. I am one of three Laguna owners in my street - all three have given problems - two of them (including mine!) serious. My in-laws and my parents have Renaults, both of which have given problems - again, one of them serious.

Check when your oil was changed, and what type was used. If it wasn't fully synthetic, change it now!

BTW - I refer you to Parkers simply because this forum is still relatively young, and hasn't yet built up the case history which Parkers has. No offence intended to those who have put this fine site together in order to provide a service to Renault owners. (If only Renault were as thoughtful! )
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome