Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - No Rear Brakes MOT Failure

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th February 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
No Rear Brakes MOT Failure

I have a 2000 Master SWB van that I just finished converting to a camper. I just had the MOT done & it failed on insufficient or no braking at the rear. The handbrake & front brakes are fine, I hadn't noticed that the rear wasn't working as the braking performance seemed to be fine & I tend to drive without having to resort to heavy braking. The van hasn't done much mileage since the last MOT (about 2000 miles) & I think it has been standing for quit awhile at the garage I bought it from & at my home while I was converting it.

OK where do I start to look for the problem, without having a manual it would mean just taking a guess at where the problem is. I seemed to remember having a motorhome many years ago on a Fiat Ducatto & that had some problem with the load sensor not working & making the brakes ineffective. Could this be the problem? If it is an it be
repaired or do I need to fit a new one, is there anyway to be able to test it out, or should I start stripping down the brakes on the wheel first??

Any advice comments would be welcome thanks.

Currently in Kontiki's garage:
Renault Master 2.5DCi Motorhome
  5 Lastest Threads by Kontiki
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Headlamp Adjustment for European use Cars & motoring Katamarano 10 10555 5th December 2008 04:33 PM
No Rear Brakes MOT Failure Brakes/Hubs Kontiki 8 2598 15th February 2008 11:26 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome