Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - No Rear Brakes MOT Failure

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 15th February 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Sucess, I managed to fix it, I decided to take the actuating arm off & while it was disconnected I tried the brakes & they seemed to be ok. I had put the van on axle stands & got the wife to try the brakes, there was virtually no braking at all. I could easily turn the wheels with the brakes full on. After disconnecting the actuator arm I couldn't turn the wheels even with the longest extension I had. So it looks like an easy way to check if the valve is working just disconnect it. After a lot of WD40 & heat I mangaged to get some movement on the actuator arm. I reconnected it & adjusted it so it would work when the weight was taken off the axle.
Maybe not the most accurate way to set it but as this is a camper the weight of the van won't change too much, the amount of equipment I have in the van is much less than the weight the van could carry. Also I don't intend driving it as you would if it was being used as a cargo van.

Thanks for the help & advice anyway.
Currently in Kontiki's garage:
Renault Master 2.5DCi Motorhome
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome