Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Front suspension - Wishbone Arm How to

View Single Post
post #37 of (permalink) Old 3rd June 2016
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Front suspension - Wishbone Arm

Did the Laguna front lower wishbones...bought myself an electric impact driver which will do 450 nm torque which is what you will way other to undo these two bolts. front one is 30 mm nut with the other being a 21 I think...used hi tensile suspension bolts of the right length about approx 90 mm if I remember right with the squashed type nuts for the end to replace the rear bolts...these were from a wreckers and probably from something japanese. Cut the factory rear bolts after undoing them a bit and pulled the old shaft thru and freed the old lower arm. Put it all back together with the new bolts going up from underneath...have a couple of suitable washers as well on each end...Tightened up using the impact driver...These squashed nuts are so hard to do up that one needs an impact driver or strong arms in order just to do the tread up so they won't be coming undone at any time. Nylocks may be used but only can be used once. Again cannot understand why Renault did this...if one was worried about upside nuts then the ball joints would be a problem...they use just a nylock and are upside. The danger of wrecking the collapsible steering column if dropping the subframe and having to disconnect the steering rack would outweigh any reason...
Currently in lihpkralc's garage:
2002 Nissan March ( Micra AK12 ), 2002 V6 Laguna Privilege Wagon
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome