Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Definative answer for --- on range/mpg display

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 16th February 2008
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,201 Times in 4,712 Posts
Hi Royster - from what I understand of the system there is no fuel flow meter as such. As far as I know the fuel computer works on the principle of how many revs the engine has done and at what throttle settings over a given period of time. It is not a really accurate system but rather works on averages. For whatever reason your computer seems it is not getting or holding this info., in its memory. Why people have suggested you look for poor earths is down to the fact that the memory is "flash" memory which is very susceptible to voltage fluctations. Have you had the voltage output of the battery and alternator checked.
The only sensors I am aware of on the high pressure side of the fuel sytem are as follows.
1. Common fuel rail presure sensor
2. Fuel pressure regulator on the fuel pump.
3. Fuel temp sensor clipped to the front of the fuel rail (although not fitted to all models).

Although this doesn't help solve your problem it may help you eliminate some aspects
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome