Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 1.5 DCi 52 Plate clio 3dr Locking issue

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th June 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
1.5 DCi 52 Plate clio 3dr Locking issue

Hello guys! I am new to this forum and you guys seem like the best guys to help me!

Today, I got up for work and the driver-side door on my clio wasn't opening, even after I had tried pressing the key fob a few times and used the key in the door. Eventually, I got the door open by entering through the passenger side. I used the lever on the driver side, this then opened the door, but when I closed it and went to lock it, the door wouldn't lock into place (if that makes sense).

Looking at the differences of locked and unlocked between the drivers side and passengers side doors, I can see that where the metal connects with the car, that the drivers side should be in a different position.

I have had the door-card off and tried to see if there was anything obvious that I could see, but to be honest I have no real idea what I am looking at.

In summary, the drivers side door does not lock into place and I can open the door even after I have locked the car with the key-fob.

Hopefully I have explained this well enough, if you think you can help and I haven't explained something well enough, please let me know and I can try and elaborate.

I am willing to pay for someone to fix this if possible, or maybe an explanation of how I can do it myself.

Thanks for your time.
  5 Lastest Threads by Liam234
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
1.5 DCi 52 Plate clio 3dr Locking issue Bodywork Liam234 0 168 4th June 2016 06:22 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome