Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - car been sat for just over a year

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 5th June 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: car been sat for just over a year

GOT IT RUNNING for a few mins lol.
i did not have a 30MM socket to get the bolt of the back of the brake drum, so could not remove it, so i smashed it with a hammer out of anger, then it started turning again lol, so now the brakes have unseized, i was able to jump start it, luckily my drive is sloping down, so i had my brother push it while i started it it gear while accelerating and pumping the clutch. and WHALA it started up, i reversed it up the drive and back down a few times, smelled smoke, so i popped teh hood open, and a ton of smoke came out, smelled like burning oil with a hint of something burning out (like a hoover does). smoke was coming from back of engine, same side oil cap is (was loads of oil spilled there), but it is also same side and teh belts, so no idea if it is the belts burning out or the oil or mix of both??.

anyway after about 5 mins, the car cut out on me lol, i think it out of petrol (it is right in the red, needle hardly moves when turned on).
Currently in Mike02849's garage:
X reg 2001 Renault Megane Expresion 1.4
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome