Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Internal light problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th February 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Internal light problem

Hi I have 2 problems with my internal lights.

The 1st is with the luggage compartment light. It stays on all the time. It has been like this ever since I bought the car (clio 1.4 sport 2000 - 2nd hand). I think that it has been rewired at some point and that no one has ever bothered to fix it.

The switch has 2 grey (one dark, one light) wires coming from it, and the light has a red and white wire.

I am thinking that the switch should be directly connected to the light. Is there a way of checking this?

The second problem I have is with the door ajar light and the interior light. Basically the door ajar light is telling me that the door is ajar (bare with me), so the light stays on all the time.

I am going to try and replace one of the door switches, but if that fails does anyone have any suggestions? Relays or anything??

Thanks Nick.
Currently in NorthantsNick's garage:
2000 Clio 1.4 Sport
  5 Lastest Threads by NorthantsNick
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Spigot Rings for TSWs? Wheels & tyres swfcowl5 6 1448 24th February 2008 12:02 PM
Internal light problem Electronics NorthantsNick 2 1156 17th February 2008 03:08 PM
Renault Clio 2 - Interior Lights Staying On Electronics bloodflow 3 3119 9th December 2007 11:07 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome