Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electronic handbrake on - motor still works

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th June 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Electronic handbrake on - motor still works

I bought a 2007 grand scenic a few weeks ago. The electronic handbrake was stuck on and car wouldn't move, but I found the manual release under the boot and got it home.

Planning on having a look at the car over the summer holidays while the kids are off school. I've read several posts about the electronic handbrakes, from trying the reset to removing the unit under the car and trying to repair or replace it. Probably missed a few threads too.

I can hear the motor running inside the electronic handbrake unit when I do the reset, but it fails to put the handbrake on and shows a parking brake fault on the dash.

I've still to check under the passenger seat for corrosion.

The back discs are badly worn, could this cause the electronic handbrake to stay on? Could a faulty caliper cause the electronic handbrake to stay on?

Was just wondering if there is anywhere else I could check? Don't think the cables are snapped because the back brakes both released as soon as I pulled the manual override.

The brake pedal is spongy as well, and clutch biting point very high. Probably not related to handbrake issue but thought I would mention it.

Last edited by sl75; 9th June 2016 at 03:34 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by sl75
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Electronic handbrake on - motor still works Brakes/Hubs sl75 3 222 9th June 2016 03:14 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome