Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Grand Scenic Service Options

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10th June 2016
Diamond member
Nominated 6 Times in 5 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Re: Grand Scenic Service Options

I have a Grand Scenic dci 61 plate 48k miles and due a service. Local Renault Garage quoted about 150 for the job. Which is fine, but then produced a long list of extra option to a total of about 500. My query is at 48 k miles what additional service options should I consider?
They always try to upsell stuff which may not strictly be needed - also known in the trade as "having your pants down" or something like that

Do you know what the "options" were?

On Renaults with a cambelt rather than a chain driven engine the interval is usually 5 years. Not sure what engine you have though. A cambelt and waterpump change at the main dealer would eat up most of the 500 I would have thought,

Coolant is good for about 5 years - it isn't just antifreeze, it prevents corrosion as well. Simple enough to change.

Brake fluid is hygroscopic so absorbs water from the atmosphere and I think they recommend changing it at 7 years - again simple enough for any garage to do.

The auxiliary belt can crack with age (about 10) and the tensioner is usually another item they advise to change after 5 or 7 years but the price on those can be about 80 but again easy enough for a garage to change.

Other than that you have the usual wear and tear stuff like tryes and brakes unless I have forgotten something.
Currently in LAGUNA205GT's garage:
2005 Laguna II 205 GT Tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome