Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Carminat GPS

Thread: Carminat GPS
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 18th February 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by delboy17 View Post
Hello. Been a Renault owner for several years in the UK and just retired to Spain. Retired my old Espace and just bought 6 year old Scenic Elegance with just 45000km. So far so good.
Only problem is using this GPS - did not inherit the manuals so trial and error. There is an 'expert' section that requires an access code but do not have it. Is there a default code for this and what lies within - does anyone know?
That may solve the second problem - inputting a road name.
After putting in the town it moves onto 'Road' but the alphabet is mostly blanked out. It seems to expect me to know the road numbers I want to use. This defeats the object of using it. In the UK the postcode is definitive and highlights a road or part of it. In Spain each town has just one code so the road name is essential for navigation.
Any help is appreciated
What disk are you using in the reader? If it's the UK one then this only has major roads of Europe.
I haven't used a Spanish version but I guess it should be quite complete (98% of all roads)

There's not much in Expert mode; just a few tests and the like. You can read your position and altitude if you want.

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome