Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic parking brake fault

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 13th June 2016
Diamond member
Nominated 6 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Re: Scenic parking brake fault

Originally Posted by danwj7 View Post
So my scenic is displaying the parking brake fault but the parking brake is working perfectly fine, although sometimes it clicks from the module between the wheels! I took it to have the diagnostics done and the fault was that something was redundant and that fault didn't clear! I am hoping (praying) someone has some info or ideas about before I have to fork out a fortune to replace the module!
Thanks in advance
we need the fault code to help - if it wont clear you should be able to read it and report back

I bought a 2005 Grand scenic with 11.5 months mot for 424 with this problem - working brake but parking fault message - tried the method of resetting handbrake using dashboard lever and then had to read / clear and read again. it seemed to have lost its sync took a few manual resets and code scanner resets and it synced back up.. probably caused by incorrect fitment sequence of battery by halfrauds.. didn't have to touch lever in boot

get the code and report back
Currently in Nexxusone's garage:
2005 Grand Scenic 1.6 VVT Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome