Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Thermometer fault, Scenic II

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 19th February 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
I think they're talking through their A holes! As you said how can you own the car for such a long time without any problems, must be an amazing coincidence, especialy to happen to another car (my in-laws) with the same sort of fault. I agree they didn't do it on purpose, but fact is it was working when taken in for repair and came back not working properly.
It's baffled me how the 2 items are linked, the only thing I can think of is the battery must have been disconnected while they were working on it, (Renaults to some wierd and wonderfull things once batteries are disconnected for some reason!) and when reconnected damaged the sensor in the mirror.
I've had a look round the megane but with no luck as to finding a fault, only suggestion I could put to the mother-in-law was a new sensor, but she wasn't keen! The sensor seems to work fine (temp on display goes up and down) and when compared to my Lag, the Megane always seems about 10oC higher. Let me know if you have better luck finding this, would be good to put it to bed!

There's gotta be someone else out there with a similar problem too.
Currently in Mikey's garage:
1996 Mazda MX-3 V6, a 2002 1.2 8v Fiat Punto active (the Wife's!) and a 1998 Suzuki GN 125. Used to own a 2002 Laguna II Dynamique 1.8 16V (Now Sold yey!)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome