Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna - engine management light

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 19th February 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Hi Andy,

The anit polution light normally means that the exhaust gas isn't being cleaned enough to be released back into the atmosphere.
As you have a 1.8 petrol like me the normal cause for this light to come on is unburnt fuel entering the cat. And yes is can result in damage if you drive round like that, hence the reason for the warning light. If you have petrol enter your catalytic converter it can damage the anti polution chemicals in the cat meaning you will have to replace it, they aint cheap either!
What is happening to you car? Are you feeling any loss of power or juddering? Is the engine misfiring? Reason I ask is because I had this light come on my Lag due to a misfire, I had a wet coil pack! Yours could be on it's way out and need replacing.

It could be a few things to cause your light to come on but this is the more likely case with the Lag II
Currently in Mikey's garage:
1996 Mazda MX-3 V6, a 2002 1.2 8v Fiat Punto active (the Wife's!) and a 1998 Suzuki GN 125. Used to own a 2002 Laguna II Dynamique 1.8 16V (Now Sold yey!)

Last edited by Mikey; 20th February 2008 at 09:02 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome