Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Central locking and Dashboard flashing and other issue

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th February 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Central locking and Dashboard flashing and other issue

Renault Espace Alize 2000 2.0 16v type JE0A

Lots of issues on my espace. I hope I can find some answers to some of them to fix it myself to reduce the cost.

1) the central locking using the key fob / blip doesn't work
It started to be moody and stopped working a few month after I bought the car (second hand)
Using the central locking button inside works so I use the key and the barrel.

I tried to reset the code (pushing central locking for 5s, wait 10s, then press the key fob twice) on the 2 keys without any success
How much would it cost to replace the receiver ? Where is that RF receiver located exactly ? I've read in some posts that it's in the instrument panel. Where's is that ?

2) The dashboard doesn't light up and starts working once the car is warm
It's a known issue and I'm afraid I will have to splash out the dosh. Either the B2I box beside the fuse or the dashboard. Will do some tests with the hair dryer to diagnose the cuplrit

3) The door catch / arrester / check strap is broken
I don't know the specific term but I know this is called a check strap on the peugeot 206. Are they easy to replace ? where can I buy one from ?

TBH, I was a fan of the espace and this is a great car for the family but I'm gonna fix these issues and sell it asap

Thanks in advance

Currently in gaetan's garage:
2000 Renault Espace III 2.0 16v
  5 Lastest Threads by gaetan
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Pioneer Stalk and display adapter. Confused Electronics costeau 1 3541 4th October 2010 12:47 PM
Central locking and Dashboard flashing and other... Electronics gaetan 1 1035 19th February 2008 02:31 PM
Hello from sunny ireland Welcome to RenaultForums ottoman 1 574 19th February 2008 02:28 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome