Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna - engine management light

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 20th February 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Had this problem on my petrol laguna a couple of weeks ago. Engine management light and oral warning same as yours. Mine turned out to be the 'post cat lambda sensor' (the laguna has pre and post cat sensors). This basically monitors the performance of the cat.
Yours could be either of these and the only true way of finding out what is the exact problem is to get a diagnostics done, you can either pay to have this done in a garage or buy a code reader and do it yourself (you can buy them for 30 on ebay and they pay for themselves the 1st time you use them, just make sure it's OBD2 can-bus).
if your performance hasn't dropped off or your fuel compsumpsion gone up you may be lucky and have the same problem. if on the other hand it turns out to be your pre cat sensor then its an inlet manifold off job to change the sensor.
As a final point, before buying the new sensor i cleared the fault code (turned the engine management light out)to ensure the sensor had failed, lo and behold its just the odd spurious reading which is happening every couple of weeks so i'll continue to reset until it gets more frequent at which point i'll change the sensor.
good luck......
Currently in boeingtech's garage:
2001 1.8 sport tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome