Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Carminat GPS

Thread: Carminat GPS
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 20th February 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by delboy17 View Post
NS Thomson - thanks - code 4112 gets me in. Not too much to help me in Expert section.

Eeeps - thanks - disc is a 2006 Spain & Portugal and seems OK as 2 dimensional map for pointing you in the right direction.

I would still like to know whether this unit can actually give guidance to a street destination - anyone know ??
Well it sounds like you've got an up-to-date map disk in.

The only other ting I can suggest (and my experience is only on the UK map) is that the street names available are only for the town you select.
I've found that the map database often has the street you want listed under a different town or area.
For example if I select Poynton I won't find London Road listed. However if I select Stockport it is.

For the road names you should also have a list option at the bottom of the screen.
Also try selecting alternate towns / cities or areas.
Another way I have found the town for a particular place is by using the 'points of interest'. Select somthing like pertol stations and try to locate one close by.

Hope that helps a little,

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome