Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Keyfob problem

Thread: Keyfob problem
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 21st February 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Keyfob problem

I have a problem with my Laguna keyfob and having read all the threads on here I am still none the wiser as to what to do! I only have one key for the car so I would like to get this sorted sooner rather than later. My car is a '99 V plate so does this make it a Mk1 Phase 2 laguna with a Radio Frequency key?
Everything worked fine this morning but at lunchtime the car wouldn't open. I got in using the key in the door and to lock the car I now need to lock all the doors from inside then open the drivers door and lock that using the key. When I press the fob nothing happens at all. The light on the fob lights up though. If I open the drivers door and press it the doors try to lock but with the door shut nothing happens.
Does this mean the issue is with the drivers door? I have removed the cover near the interior light switches and checked everything is dry etc and even sprayed some WD40 just to be sure and I also have put new batteries in the key.

If anyone can tell me where to go from here it would be greatly appreciated.

I just wanted to add that this issue seems to be intermittent as it works "occasionally". I went out to the car 2 mins ago pressed the fob and the car wouldnt open. I used the key got in and pressed it and the car locked! It doesn't make much sense!!!!
Currently in deadmansfinger's garage:
1999 Renault Laguna 1.6 RT Sport

Last edited by deadmansfinger; 21st February 2008 at 03:14 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by deadmansfinger
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna I - Loss of Power & SERV light Engines madnoel10 4 1279 20th May 2008 03:31 PM
Keyfob problem Electronics deadmansfinger 31 4520 21st February 2008 03:00 PM
Laguna I driveshaft Steering and Suspension madnoel10 2 1130 11th January 2008 10:58 PM
Renault Laguna 1 - Removing Dash Centre Panel Interiors deadmansfinger 12 2622 11th January 2008 05:29 PM
Laguna - sudden lack of power Engines deadmansfinger 2 1050 5th November 2007 08:26 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome