Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Do Renaults eat light bulbs?!

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 21st February 2008 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Azurael
Argh... What type of bulbs are in the instrument cluster for things like handbrake on warning light, headlight on indicator, etc? Are they coloured, or are they white bulbs with a filter further forward?

I've got to get it out and change half of 'em. Looks like nobody's ever bothered changing a bulb in this dash (which is odd, because getting the clocks out looks comparatively easy...)

At least the following have gone:
Handbrake warning light
Dipped beam light
Sidelight light

Actually, it would probably be easier to give you a list of the ones which do work, and it would help me work out which I've got to change
Full beam light
Oil warning light
Battery light
Oil guage indicator
Temperature warning light
Seatbelt light
Airbag light
'STOP' light
Glow-plug light
Backlighting for all the dials
Both indicator lights

Things I'm not sure about because I've never seen 'em lit up:
Service light
Cat warning light (don't know if I should have one - diesel cats are passive, aren't they?)
Fuel low light (does it have one?)
Environmental damage light (not sure if a 2.2D has this anyway, since it doesn't have an ECU per se)

Any I've missed that should be on my car? I'm not quite sure because the only clear video I could find on youtube is of the newer/flasher-style instrument cluster with the LCD to show the odometer, which has a couple of things in different places and I don't know if I've got all the lights that one has. There's a very messy video here of the old style cluster, which I paused at the point of turning the key and held up beside mine to establish most of the above.

I'm tempted to replace them all with LEDs if they're available in this fitting, but I'd really like to know how many of each colour I'd need before I take the clocks out...
Currently in Azurael's garage:
TEB64 (Cosmic Grey) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v Privilege Tourer (KG0B F4P-770)/TED44 (Odyssey Blue) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v 'Expressionale' Hatch (BG0B F4P-770)

Last edited by Azurael; 21st February 2008 at 05:29 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome