Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - spec order...

Thread: spec order...
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 16th March 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I'm glad I'm not the only one who was less than impressed with the original Carminat. I suppose it was good in it's day, but that day had long gone by the time they even started fitting it to the Laguna II. By my reckoning, it hadn't moved on that far from the original 'CARiN' system (and that's going back a fair way.)

As for L2 specs, please don't go throwing option kits into the equation as that'll confuse us all to death. Especially considering that some options were only available on certain models. Let's face it, Renault couldn't even make their own minds up what consistuted a particular spec from day to day. Examples include the Privilege mysteriously losing its 17" Silverstones and rear sun blinds without warning, and the base models suddenly appearing without front fog lights.

I haven't really paid much attention to other brands lately, but I don't recall finding any other manufacturer that was quite so inconsistent. Generally speaking, certain features might filter downwards through the range as a design gets older, but other than that, they tend to pick a spec and stick to it. Or maybe I just wasn't looking in the right places.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome